Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Tragedy

Today is my 30th birthday, but all I can think about are the poor victims and injured persons in the Boston marathon explosions. My heart really goes out to all of those who have been affected. 
And let me just say, I saw probably one of the more graphic images of a bomb injury at the race… (I know I shouldn’t look, but my brain is curious in some morbid way, apparently)… It was a guy in a wheelchair, and part of his leg was blown almost completely off from the knee down. All that was left was skin flaps and bone. Probably one of they most disturbing images I’ve ever seen. 
Again, my heart really goes out to everyone affected.
 It’s very saddening to know that this happens on a DAILY basis (even hourly basis?) in some parts of the world. Just truly disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment